Koenigs has invested in the Techni Waterjet i510-G2. This state-of-the-art machine technology can cut almost any material to 200mm thick with speed, accuracy and repeatability.
Waterjet cutting technology supports cold cutting, allowing the cutting of materials that with other methods might be burnt, melted, cracked, warped, hardened or degraded.
Water jet cutting technology can cut complex shapes including sharp corners, bevels, pierce holes, and shapes with a very small inner radius.
The advantages of water jet cutting include:
- Cold cutting of virtually any material including fibre-reinforced and stacked layers of different materials
- Omni-directional cutting
- Perforation of most materials without the need for starting holes
- Produces net-shapes or near net-shapes reducing secondary processing
- Excellent edge quality
- Minimal fixturing required
- Stress-free cutting
- Saves on raw materials with small cutting kerf and nesting capabilities
- Fast, accurate and repeatable
- Cutting area 1525 x 3050mm
- Accuracy ± 0.12 mm
- Repeatability ± 0.025 mm
- Maximum cutting speed 17.5 m/min
- Maximum material thickness 200 mm